Yeasted cakes and sweet breads are my favorites. They go great with afternoon tea and with morning coffee. They can be baked with fruits or with seeds. All depends on the expected result. However if you have ever worked with yeasted dough you know it can be tricky. Although this topic is for another time don’t worry! This coffee cake is as easy as it is fluffy.
- 10.5oz all purpose flour (~2 2/3 cup)
- 1 packet dry yeast (1.5 tsp)
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Mix milk with yeast and wait about 5 minutes for yeast to dissolve.
- Add flour, salt, sugar and knead well or mix with hook attachment on a low speed.
- When all ingredients are mixed well add melted buter and continue kneading for additional ~10 minutes or mix with hook attachment on a low speed.
- When dough is ready – shiny, elastic and soft to the touch, but not sticky – cover the dough in the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let rest until double the volume. About ~1-1.5hr.
- After the volume doubled knead or mix the dough for few more minutes (~3minutes), shape and put into loaf baking pan. Let it rest again for about 30-40min.
- Just before baking coat the dough with lightly beaten egg.
- Put some sugar on the top OR prepare and top with Streusel.
- Bake 35min. in 360F.
Nutritional info: 1srv (~2.6oz or ~80g) Cal 325, Prot 7, Carb 52, Fat 10, Fiber 1