I still cannot get over the excitement that I have an ice cream maker. It is nothing fancy but it is pink and it makes delicious ice cream. And since we’re still in July, which is the National Ice Cream Month (I learnt it his year!) the more reasons to put it into a good use.
So it is coffee ice cream this time. I love this recipe for various reasons. Firstly, it is very quick. Secondly, despite its simplicity (and lacks of egg yolks) it is creamy, rich and thus very, very tasty. And the flavor… mmmmmm…. It is perfect. Takes me right to my favorite part of any day – morning cup of coffee.
If you wondered why “Vietnamese” – this is how Vietnamese Iced Coffee is made.
Recipe was found in The Perfect Scoop.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely ground dark roast coffee
- In a medium bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly – ~4 hours in the refrigerator should be enough, can also be left overnight.
- Freeze following your ice cream maker instructions or click here for an alternative method.
Yield: ~1 quart (~8 half cup portions)
Nutritional Info (per 1/2 cup): Cal 162, Prot 4g, Carb 25g, Fat 5g, Fiber 0g