We had a lot of fun taking pictures of that tart. Does the picture above remind you something?
It’s a great dessert and the only bad thing is that one piece won’t satisfy you! One may wonder about the calories and all the fat, but take into consideration fact that the recipe asks for 1 cup of almonds, and that’s substantial amount of calories and fat. The good news is that it’s a “good fat”. Of course moderation is still the main principle, but those nuts and almost 2.5g fiber per piece make this tart almost guilt free 😉
Recipe was adapted from Sin Salir de mi Cocina. If you speak Spanish or use google translator 🙂 take a look, it is a very tasty blog.
- 1 cup almonds, grounded
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar (can reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 stick + 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature (can reduce to 1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium apples
- Butter a springform pan.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, almonds and baking powder.
- In a mixer bowl beat 1/3 cup sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture in three additions, mix until well combined.
- Transfer half of the mixture to springform pan.
- Peel and grate apples.
- Preheat oven to 355°F
- Pour apples over the batter in a springform pan.
- Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
- Pour remaining batter over apples and extend it with spatula, so it covers the entire area.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!
Yield: 8 slices
Nutritional info (1 slice): Cal 339, Prot 5g, Carb 31g, Fat 23g, Fiber 2.4g