Finally spring has come to town! I am so happy seeing grass get grinner, listening to birds singing and actually having some sun during the day. So, to celebrate green time of the year I roasted some asparagus. It is easy, tasty and healthy! Oh, and quick!
The recipe was adapted from Joy of Cooking.
- 1lb asparagus
- ~1tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Snap off the hard ends of asparagus; rinse asparagus well with water
- Transfer them to oven safe shallow dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss aparagus a bit to coat the evenly.
- Bake until tender, ~10 minutes (I like to keep them couple minutes longer in the oven)
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Yield: 2-3 servings
Nutritional Info: Cal 110, Prot 5g, Carb 9g, Fat 8g, Fiber 4.6g