The best thing about this dish is that you can change it however you want. You can add more vegetables, different vegetables (great fiber and vitamins source!), more or less noodles, more or less meat. Add tofu instead of meat. Possibilities are endless AND it can be done in less than 30 minutes. Isn’t that great?
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium green pepers
- 1 carrot
- 1 -2 chicken breast (depends how much meat would you like in the dish)
- 1.5tbsp soy sauce (I use low sodium version)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ~5oz rice noodles
- salt, pepper
- Cut chicken in thin stripes.
- Heat olive oil on a medium high heat in a deep frying pan or wok.
- Add chicken and fry, stirring often.
- In the meantime cut vegetables into thin strips.
- Remove chicken from the pan, set aside.
- Add vegetables to the pan, cook for 3-5min. stirring often.
- Add chicken.
- Mix soy sauce with sugar, and add to the pan. Stir well.
- Cook rice noodles as directed on the package (usually it says to put it into hot water for 3 minutes)
- Add noodles to the pan and mix well.
- Cook everything together for additional 2-3minutes and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (srvg w/ rice noodles):
Cal 263, Prot 12g, Carb 41g, Fat 6g, Fiber 3g