This is lazy quick type recipe. May be even quicker if you use already seasoned tomatoes :). I used to eat it all the time when I lived in Spain, was going to school and cooking for one. It was especially convenient dish during exams and not just because of its simplicity – just think about all those omega 3s you’re getting with it!
- 1 can (~6oz.) tuna packed in water
- 1 can (~16oz.) diced tomatoes (you may use whole tomatoes as well)*
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pasta of your choice (2oz dry pasta per person)
*if you choose to use tomatoes canned with spices and olive oil, omit basil and oregano and use 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Chop the onion.
- In a medium skillet heat up olive oil and add onion.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook onion for ~5 minutes.
- Open the tuna can and add chunks of fish to the onion.
- Using wooden spoon mix it well with onions, crashing the chunks into smaller pieces.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add tomatoes with juice from can and spices. Mix well.
- Cook for ~10 minutes.
- In the meantime cook pasta as directed on the package.
- Serve over cooked pasta. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Info (1 serving without pasta): Cal 259, Prot 24g, Carb 20g, Fat 10, Fiber 5g