I like dinners that take no more than 30 minutes to prepare, well maybe sometimes 40 minutes is ok. This is my last creation from what I found in my fridge and pantry. You may wonder what’s on that plate. So here it is: quinoa with bok choy with grilled chicken breast and Portobello mushrooms. Absolutely filling and delicious. The key to quick preparation is to start with right ingredient, quinoa in this case. It requires 12 minutes of cooking and 15 of resting. In the meantime you prepare the chicken (just salt and pepper) and mushroom, add bok choy and dinner is ready.
- 1 chicken breast (~10oz)
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 bok choy
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (+ 1 optional)
- pepper and salt
- Bring water to boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for ~12 minutes.
- Heat grill pan on medium heat.
- In the meantime butterfly chicken breast and slice in half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill prepared meat about ~5 minutes per side. You may add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- If the quinoa is cooked by this time, fluff it with fork, cover and let stand for another ~15 minutes.
- Clean and slice the mushroom, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the grill pan and add the mushroom. Grill about 3 minutes per side.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Clean and chop bok choy, add to the skillet. Mix well with olive oil and cook for ~3 minutes.
- Add quinoa and mix.
- Arrange food on a plate and enjoy!
Yield: 2 portions
Nutritional Info: Cal 460, Prot 42g, Carb 32g, Fat 18g, Fiber 4,8g