This is tasty and moist coffee cake that is quick to make. It is made with Streusel topping, but if you want you can also add some apple slices to it. It will come out from the oven even more delicious!
You will need two bowls, one for dry, one for wet ingredients. If you are using a mixer, put wet ingredients into mixer bowl.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- First mix well all dry ingredients.
- Then, in the second bowl, mix sour cream with eggs until well combined. The mixture will become creamy and pale yellow.
- Add dry ingredients (in few additions). Beat just until smooth, do not overbeat.
- Spread the batter in the greased pan (9inch baking pan should work well).
- Bake ~25minutes in 350°F or until a toothpick comes clean*.
*The baking time will depend on the oven, so be sure to do the “toothpick” test before taking out from the oven.
This recipe can be found in 75th edition of Joy of Cooking.