I don’t like to think about myself as a lazy person (who does), but sometimes I just am. Lazy. This seems to happen more often recently, when the temperatures are high, breeze almost nonexistent and my willingness to spend time in steamy kitchen shrinks to zero. But as you may guess I still need to eat. Zucchini pasta is a perfect choice for moments like this one, because I am usually able to be done with it in 11 minutes (pasta cooking time) + the time it takes water to boil.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ~1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz of pasta (2 servings)
- ~2 tablespoons parmesan
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- Heat a skillet, add olive oil, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Chop the onion and add to the skillet. Mix well and cook on low until onion becomes translucent.
- In the meantime slice zucchini, mandolin can be very useful here. Just watch for your fingers!
- Add zucchini to the skillet, mix well.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Add salt, mix well.
- Cook until zucchini becomes tender. Mix often.
- Once done, mix with cooked pasta.
- Top with parmesan and serve!
Yield: 2 main dish servings
Nutritional Info (without pasta): Cal 205, Prot 6g, Carb 14g, Fat 16g, Fiber 3.4g