Few days ago I came back from my trip and as much as I try I can’t pull myself together. Transition to regular life gets longer and longer, especially when I get sleepier (is that a word?) and sleepier… How long jet lag can be an excuse? 🙂
I’ve learned how to make this super easy snack just days ago and it is a good alternative to regular nuts. Just be very careful during preparation and don’t be tempted to try a hot caramel! It is very hot – 330°F hot.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place sugar in a shallow skillet or pot and heat it over medium low heat.
- Stir sugar from time to time, while it’s melting in the pot. Be very careful as it is VERY hot!
- When notice it changes color to light brown/golden, add almonds.
- Stir well until they’re covered with caramel.
- Spread almonds over a baking sheet OR parchment paper.
- Separate almonds while still warm OR leave them in small clusters.
- Let them cool for ~15 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional info: Cal 302, Prot 7g, Carb 32g, Fat 18g, Fiber 4g