This dish is super quick, especially if frozen peas are used. It can serve as a main dish (this recipe yields two main dish portions) or as a side dish, a tasty prelude to something special. If you ever visit Spain I recommend you to taste it there if you get a chance. As a matter of fact try all food you can as it is amazing experience 🙂
- 12 oz. (1 package) frozen sweet peas (fresh can be used as well)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto OR jamón serrano (you can use bacon as a third option)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook peas (if using frozen – follow package instructions).
- Chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring from time to time, for ~10 minutes.
- Add peas, stir well and cover. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking,
- In the meantime cut prosciutto, or ham you’re using, into thin strips.
- Add to the peas, stir well.
- Cook for ~4 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 2 main course portions OR 3-4 side course portions
Nutritional Info (main course portion): Cal 299, Prot 16g, Carb 28g, Fat 18g, Fiber 6.3g