This recipe is from my mom in law. Thank you mom! We (my husband and I) love it, so she always makes it when we visit. The proportions are enough for ~4 people, however we are (the two of us) fully capable of eating the entire thing. So if you really like mushrooms and this type of salads you can do it too 🙂 Although as a dietitian I do not recommend doing that too often 🙂
When you add some rustic bread and maybe additional veggies, like tomatoes on the side you can get delicious sandwich and a full lunch/dinner. Also let’s not forget about convenience! Sandwich itself is pretty convenient choice as is this salad. Of course it is quicker if you have food processor, but keeping in mind that chopping evenly is not required, doing everything by yourself shouldn’t take long either. So hey, don’t wait and prepare yourself some salad! And let me know how it went 🙂
- 16oz. white mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 can corn (15.25oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the eggs: cover with water, bring to boil, remove from heat and let it stand at least 10 minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms, cover with water, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, then drain.
- Drain corn from the can liquid and place in the big bowl.
- Chop cooked mushrooms OR process in the food processor. Be careful not to overdo it.
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl.
- Chop OR process eggs (they should be hard boiled by now).
- Add to the bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and mayonnaise.
- Mix well and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional info (1/4 of the salad): Cal 237, Prot 11g, Carb 26g, Fat 12g, Fiber 4.3g