Yesterday I opened my fridge and found there some chicken and not much more. Plain chicken may be very tasty when done right, but it is also quite boring. A quick search through the pantry, equally abundant as the fridge, resulted in a head of garlic and olive oil. Then I buttered a baking dish (leaving olive oil for another ocassion) and rubbed butter and minced garlic into the chicken. This should be left for an hour so so in the fridge, but unfortunately I neglected not only grocery shopping but also dinner timing, thus my chicken waited only as long as oven preheated to 450°F.
Long story short it was pretty tasty dinner, very garlicky! If you are a fan of garlic, as I am, you will find full recipe below.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons of butter OR olive oil
- one small/medium head of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Butter a baking dish
- Rub the remaining butter and garlic into chicken.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place chicken in the oven and cook for 25 minutes OR until inserted thermometer shows 165°F
- During baking carefully (it is hot!) pour some of the cooking liquid over the chicken; you may do it once or twice.
- After baking is done broil on high for additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Yield: 4 chicken drumstikcs.
Nutritional Info: Cal 203, Prot 15g, Carb 2g, Fat 15g, Fiber 0g