Freckled cake is cute, full of freckles and flavor that will fill your entire house during baking. You will be especially happy if you like poppy seeds. I love them! Even more than potatoes . Remember to cover it after it cooled down, as it can dry out easily. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup poppy seeds
- Butter a springform pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- In a mixer bowl beat butter with sugar, until light and fluffy, ~3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer’s speed to medium low and start adding yolks, one at a time, alternating with flour mixture.
- Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Add poppy seeds and mix well.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 425°F for ~50 minutes OR until skewer inserted into cake comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
Yield: ~12 slices
Nutritional Info: Cal 463, Prot 9g, Carb 39g, Fat 31g, Fiber 3,3g