When I read that something is great and quick and easy I tend to be skeptical. And then I need to check it and see it with my own eyes before I believe it is true. That is why I am not sure what would be the best way to convince you that this salad is absolutely fabulous. I love how the flavors and textures mix all together. And it is so fresh. Of course I am biased, so better prepare it yourself and let me know what you think 🙂
Putting entire organoleptic experience aside, having salad like this one for lunch, or even dinner, is also good for you. It is wonderful source of protein, fiber, vitamins, good fats that not only will help you improve your lipid profile, but also will carry fat soluble vitamins to your organism increasing their absorption. Think vitamin A and lycopene, vitamin E nourishing you while you’re munching on your tomato. Isn’t that great?
- 1 romaine lettuce OR 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2-3 tomatoes
- ~4oz. feta cheese
- ~1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Rinse and dry lettuce.
- Shred it (with your hands).
- Toss into a big salad bowl.
- Chop tomatoes into irregular chunks.
- Chop the feta cheese the same way.
- Toss both into the salad bowl.
- In a small bowl OR a glass (or special dressing shaker): put together olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Whisk vigorously, I usully use a fork to do that.
- Mix vegetables and feta in the salad bowl.
- Pour dressing all over salad, and mix well again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 4 side dish serving sizes OR 2 big servings (great for lunch)
Nutritional Info (side dish): Cal 235, Prot 6g, Carb 10g, Fat 20g, Fiber 3.8g