There are few dishes my husband mastered to perfection and crêpes are one of them. He always manages to create these thin and delicate pieces, complete opposite of what I am able to do. We usually have them with strawberry fruit spread and milk. Soo quick and easy! But the beauty about this dish is that it can be breakfast, lunch, dessert or dinner – all depends on the filling. If you are in the mood for something more substantial try filling them with ham and spinach, or cheese, for instance farmers cheese will work well. Just put in whatever you like and enjoy every piece of it!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
*have all ingredients at room temperature
- In a small saucepan melt butter.
- Place all ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add melted butter; beat again until combined and smooth.
- Heat medium skillet on medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/4 cup of the batter on the skillet and make a crêpe.
Yield: ~13 crêpes
Nutritional info (one crêpe without filling): Cal 105, Prot 4g, Carb 9g, Fat 6g, Fiber 0g