This recipe is an ultimate comfort food for me, especially for days like today. Cold and snowy, when I miss spring. Creamy chicken is delicate in flavor, not overwhelming in richness and it goes really well with grains. Isn’t that perfect? Something comforting that can be eaten without gilt and even with benefit to our health. Yes, it is perfect.
- 1 chicken breast without skin (~10oz.)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken breast in a pot, cover with water, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high and cook for ~15minutes.
- In the meantime chop the onion and slice the carrot, and add to pot.
- Cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast from the pot and cut into strips or small cubes. Set aside.
- Continue cooking broth until ~0.7cup is left.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, milk and flour.
- Add two tablespoons of hot broth, mix well.
- Add the milk-flour mixture to the pot, mix well.
- Add chicken breast and salt. Stir.
- Serve with cooked quinoa and top with parsley.
Yield: 2 portions
Nutritional info (without quinoa): Cal 268, Prot 35g, Carb 10g, Fat 9g, Fiber 1,5g