If you love eating cheesecakes and coffee cakes you will love these Blondies! Sweet, a little bit cheesy, perfect combination. Again, recipe was adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cookies.
- 11 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons (to be used separately)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla + 1/2 teaspoon
- 6oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare baking pan (8inx8in).
- Mix together 1 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl: place 9 tablespoons of butter together with brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and keep mixing on low until well combined.
Cream cheese mixture:
- In a mixing bowl mix together until smooth: cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 2 tablespoons of flour and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
Putting it together:
- Spread evenly half of a blondie batter in the prepared baking pan.
- As a second layer, spread evenly half of a cream cheese mixture.
- Using the remaining blondie batter place small dollops on the top, spacing them about 1 inch from each other.
- Do the same with the remaining cream cheese mixture, only this time place dollops between those of blondie batter.
- Take butter knife and run it through the layers to give them a nice swirl.
- Bake about 45 minutes, and then let rest 15 minutes in the pan before letting cool on completely on a wire.
Yield: ~12 pieces (as pictured)
Nutritional Info: Cal 314, Prot 5g, Carb 37g, Fat 16g, Fiber 0.5g