Savory Simple was my inspiration for today’s post. I saw malted milk truffles recipe there and decided to try it, as I LOVE malted milk balls. Truffles are fabulous. Maybe next time I will add more malted milk powder and see if this makes them even better (if that’s possible). Anyway, this is easy recipe, so there is no excuse for not trying it, go ahead and start melting some chocolate!
- 8oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup hevy cream
- 5 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Have bittersweet chocolate chopped and ready.
- Heat the heavy cream on medium-high heat.
- When it begins to simmer add malted milk powder while continuously whisking. Make sure it is well combined.
- Once it starts boiling remove from heat and whisk until all chocolate is melted and well combined with cream mixture.
- Let it cool for a ~30 minutes and then leave overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator ~30 minutes before you are ready to form truffles.
- Combine together cocoa and malted milk powder for coating.
- Using tablespoon scoop portion of chocolate mixture, quickly form a ball and coat in powder mixture.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Store the truffles in a refrigerator.
Yield: ~28 (depends on size)
Nutritional Info (one truffle): Cal 66, Prot 1g, Carb 6g, Fat 4g, Fiber 0.5g