First I have to say that I am not a fan of brussels sprouts. They just bring weird memories (I am sure my parents tried to feed me brussels sprouts more than once). Unfortunately my husband loves them, so from time to time we have brussels sprouts for dinner. Each time I am trying to prepare them in different way, just to be able to eat them.. and well, I think this is it! I am still not a fan, but at least I can enjoy my dinner now.
- 1lb brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic (or more)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1.5tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare brussels sprouts: remove wilted leaves, slice off the bottoms and cut X on the bottom side of brussels sprouts. Once this is done, rinse them with water.
- Bring brussels sprouts, salt and water to boil. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook covered for ~10minutes – until brussels sprouts are tender.
- Once ready, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add almonds and stir. Cook for about a minute.
- Add garlic, minced or chopped. Cook for another minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (2 for brussels sprout lovers)
Nutritional Info: Cal 136, Prot 5g, Carb 10g, Fat 10g, Fiber 4g