We all know that the best recipes come from our friends, and sometimes from other blogs ;). Years ago, when I was searching for a recipe for my first banana bread I found Simply Recipes blog that I have been following ever since. The banana bread I made was just perfect – moist with strong banana flavor, not too sweet. So now, when I want to share a recipe with you I decided not to reinvent the wheel by modifying something that’s already perfect. So here it is – the recipe adapted once again from Simply Recipes.
You don’t need a mixer for this recipe – one medium bowl and wooden spoon will be enough.
- 3 or 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup sugar – you can reduce it to 3/4 cup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl smash bananas. You may either use a fork or immersion blender.
- Add melted butter and sugar. Stir.
- Add egg and vanilla. Stir.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt, stir well. Make sure there are no pockets of baking soda in the batter.
- Add flour and stir. Do not worry if the batter is not smooth – it won’t be.
- Pour the batter
- Bake for one hour OR until toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 12 slices (60g/2oz each)
Nutritional Info (1 slice): Cal 207cal, Prot 3g, Carb 38g, Fat 6g, Fiber 1.5g