Okay. This one is a big one. And I am not talking about these DELICIOUS apple chips. Today for the first time EVER I am using pictures taken by me. Me and no one else. And yes, my husband still loves me and is willing to keep doubling as my photographer but I decided that it’s time for me to try something new. And to be a bit more independent. Because you see… coordinating cooking, cleaning and naps (not mine, unfortunately) with Pawel’s calendar and full time job was getting tricky. It will take some time, long time probably, for me to actually learn photography and to take decent pictures but I am excited and optimistic. Someone else could say even naive 😉
For a good start I present you apple chips! I’ve already mentioned that they’re delicious. And I wasn’t kidding. They truly are. I love my butter and eggs, cakes and chocolate. Love it. Don’t get me wrong, I love fruits also, but let’s say they’re not my idea of a dessert or sweet snack. But these apple chips are. They are light and sweet and oh so crispy. With just a tad of cinnamon. So perfect, so fall-ish. We had them a couple times already and there is a bag of apples on the counter waiting. Guess what I am making tomorrow!
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Wash the apples. Using mandolin slice them as thin as you can (I did 0.75mm which is ~0.03 inches).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place apple slices on it.
- In a small bowl or a cup mix sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle each slice with this mixture.
- Bake for 1.5hr, flip the apple slices and bake for another hour.
- Let cook slightly and enjoy!
Yield: ~30 chips (~two servings)
Nutritional Info: Cal 140, Prot 0g, Carb 37g, Fat 0g, Fiber 4g