I wish my notes and comments were more wordy (yes, I would consider this a positive thing). I could then tell you that this tart smells like almonds, is crunchy almost like a cookie, and pears are very refreshing addition. I would tell you all that just in many more words.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple magazine.
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 2 pears
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Butter 9-ich tart pan.
- Using food processor process the almonds and 1/2 cup sugar until finely ground.
- Transfer the mixture to the mixing bowl, add butter, egg and almond extract. Mix unitl well combined.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add gradually flour mixture to the almond mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread the dough in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Peel, quarter and core pears.
- Arrange the pears in the dough.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes. You may cover the edges with foil if they brown too quickly.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Info: Cal 294, Prot 5g, Carb 33g, Fat 17g, Fiber 2.1g